Thursday, June 18, 2015

This I Believe- Freewrite

This I Believe...

I believe that all people are genuinely good and kind. I believe that every human is born with no bias or hatred for anything or anyone. I believe everyone wants to make the world a better place, the only thing I see wrong with the fact that everyone wants to make the world better is the fact that each individual person has a different idea of what a "better place" is. Not one person thinks the same way as another person, that is where the word "better" gets lost in translation. Some people would see a better place being where everyone gets along, another person might see a better place being where everything is free, and another person might see a better place being where they rule over others.

We can't simply just say we want the world to be a better place, because everyone wants it to be better, but each in our own way. Everyone is genuinely kind, but kind in their own definition of the word. God gave us each the ability to think for ourselves, and when he did that he knew that nothing could be the same, or equal.

194ct

5 comments:

  1. Alexis, I found your post very interesting. I am a psychology major and although I understand where you are coming from I personally do not have the same beliefs. I am a firm believer in nurture over nature. I believe that a person is born as a blank slate, neither good nor bad, and that their raising and environment determine how they end up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexis,
    I was first attracted to your blog by the name Bold Brave and Beautiful! I knew immediately that i was going to read something that was wrote by someone with a good heart. Then when i read your blog post i liked you even more.
    I too believe in every person i meet, that no matter whats on the outside they have something amazing that they were suppose to bring to the world. Everyone is different and there is no such thing as good or normal!
    Madison

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good start. You didn't get as many words as some of the other posts I've seen, but don't let that bother you. It can take practice to get out of your own head and write freely. You should definitely feel a sense of satisfaction about what you did write. Very well composed, stated and thought out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A good start. You didn't get as many words as some of the other posts I've seen, but don't let that bother you. It can take practice to get out of your own head and write freely. You should definitely feel a sense of satisfaction about what you did write. Very well composed, stated and thought out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make some interesting points. I enjoyed reading this post and learning a different point of view about people. Good job!

    ReplyDelete